We help the global Engineering and Technology community innovate profitably.
Patents are a critical source of commercial, scientific and technological data. In fact, 80% of all available technical information is published in patents and often nowhere else. More than 600,000 engineering patents are filed each year and nearly two thirds of all patents have engineering content.
Our solutions will help you to use patent intelligence to make more informed strategic decisions at every step of the research and development process, and beyond.
Stay ahead of the competition
- Obtain new ideas for capturing market share
- Keep up-to-date with new trends and developments
- Track the activities of your business rivals
- Get an early warning of new product launches
- Avoid costly infringement lawsuits
- Uncover profitable licensing opportunities
- Locate and headhunt experts to enhance your R&D
We can keep you up-to-date with the latest advances in key engineering technologies, including:
- Aerospace and Defence
- Electrical power engineering
- Electronics and semiconductors
- Instrumentation and testing
- Mechanical and civil engineering
- Medical devices
- Robotics and Advanced Materials
- Software and computer-implemented business methods
Key Engineering & Technology Products from Thomson Scientific
Derwent World Patents Index First ViewSM - The new, fast-alerting companion file to Derwent World Patents Index.
Search Services - Fast, accurate, and confidential patent searches for clients worldwide.
Derwent World Patents Index® - Conduct precision searches of 14 million unique patent records, issued by 41 worldwide authorities and enhanced by our team of expert analysts.
Tailor-Made Patents Profiles - Patent information customised to your needs, in an easy-to-use format.
Thomson Data Analyzer - Works with both in-house and commercial patent and scientific databases to deliver information snapshots and graphs providing unique insight into companies' portfolios and technology landscapes - the successor to the highly successful Derwent Analytics.
Industry and Technology Patents Profiles - Enables you to focus on the latest advances in specific engineering technologies.
Integrated Information Solutions - Customised patent and scientific workflow solutions.
Delphion® - An easy to use solution offering business and professional researchers full-text patent documents from the world's leading patent authorities.